Why Do It?
4 Reasons to Try Oriental Medicine
It is unfortunate that our healthcare system isn't very good and doesn't work for many. We pay too much for care that is often impersonal and ineffective. Oriental medicine offers an alternative option for you and your family. Here are four great reasons why you should choose Oriental Medicine...
1. It Works – For acute and chronic conditions, for the young and old, research supports that millions of people have benefited.
2. It's Safe – Oriental Medicine is a natural modality that enhances the body's innate healing abilities with little to no side effects.
- Less Side Effects- Unlike all pharmaceuticals, Chinese herbs, acupuncture and other OM treatments do not have side effects that are uncomfortable or dangerous. Side effects are an indication that medications are disrupting the way the body is functioning. OM treatments work to restore balance and harmony within the body rather than cause disruptions.
- Little Risk- OM treatments are so safe, most practitioners pay approximately $50 a month for malpractice insurance versus Western doctors who spend an average of $1000 monthly for coverage. Herbal treatments, acupuncture and other OM treatments involve virtually no risk or potential safety hazard when administered by skilled practitioners.
3. It will Save you $$! – OM is a preventative medicine that addresses the whole person and aims to treat the root cause of illnesses, not just symptoms. Preventative medicine, though seemingly costly on the outset, prevents chronic illnesses that will cost infinitely more in treatment with medications, surgeries, and procedures.
As an example, investing $20 in high quality fish oil can help prevent heart disease, promote heart health and treat depression, among many other health benefits. Compared to the actual cost of taking high blood pressure medication or antidepressants long term, investing in high quality fish oil is a bargain!
4. It Improves Quality of Life – One of the best results of individualized and preventative care of Oriental medicine is improved quality of life. OM often involves lifestyle recommendations that not only promote good health, but improve how you look, feel and function in your daily life.
A healthier diet, regular exercise, and stress management can improve your mood, help you sleep better and promote weight loss. You'll have more energy for activities you enjoy. You'll feel more relaxed and less stressed. You may even have improved relationships with family and friends too.